Here are some of the highlights:
- Shueisha wanted CLAMP to draw a series for JUMP SQ since the magazine started to be serialized, but it was only possible 3 years later.
- During its 3 years of conception, Hana's visual and the story itself changed significantly compared to the original concept, except the series' title (that we noticed ourselves).
- He met CLAMP for the first (?) time in France, in Japan Expo. He was impressed with CLAMP's popularity in Europe. It was then decided he would be the editor in charge of GATE 7 (I'm not 100% sure about this part).
- CLAMP's manuscripts smell like incense. He said that before being CLAMP's editor, he was used to receive manuscripts smelling like tabacco.
- What we've seen so far in GATE 7 is only the "prologue" of the story, and we should expect some major turn-arounds in the future.
I love the part about CLAMP's manuscripts smelling like incense! XD